[CentOS] Running CentOS 4.6 domUs on CentOS 5.1 dom0 and domUs crash

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 20:51:41 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 8:05 PM, Nathan Grennan <centos at cygnusx-1.org> wrote:
>   I have a CentOS 5.1 dom0 running on a machine with two cores and 4gb
>  of memory. It runs three 4.6 domUs and one 5.1 domU. Just out of the
>  blue the other night all the 4.6 domUs crashed, but the dom0 stayed up.
>  I ran xm console (domU-name) and got the Oops information below. I
>  didn't get anything from the 5.1 domU. I think it had been rebooted a
>  few days before and hadn't come up because of a initrd issue.
>
>  First 4.6 domU:
>
>  kernel BUG at arch/i386/mm/pgtable-xen.c:306!
...snip...

Hi, I'm moving this thread to the CentOS-virt mailinglist (please
remove the centos mailinglist to everyone replying to this mail) since
it is more suited for these kind of questions.

Question, If I read those crashes correctly your 4.6 domU is a 32 bit
one ? What platform is your dom0 32 or 64 bit? Running a 32 bit domU
on a 64 bit dom0 is currently not really stable. This is suppose to
improve with 5.2

Regards,
Tim

--