[CentOS] Should I update to DRBD 82?

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 22:25:07 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> Amos Shapira wrote:
>
> > As far as I'm aware DRBD works fine for me. Is there a way I can find
> out
> > about the new release and weather I should upgrade?
>
> Basically, see the details here:
>
> http://www.drbd.org/releases.html

According to this link, drbd 8 is the "stable" one and 8.2 is still in
development.

> That is up to you :D .. but drbd82 (which is currently drbd-8.2.5) is a
> replacement for drbd-8.0.x for CentOS-5.
>
> If you look at the drbd.org site, drbd-7 is really no longer getting any
> updates and is moving towards EOL in October 2008, and drbd-8.0.x is
> feature frozen and not getting any more features, though it will get
> security only updates from linbit.

Sounds like just what I need - it (8.0) works for me, stable, and gets
security updates.

So now - more of a "yum" question - what can I put in some file to prevent
yum from trying to upgrade drbd8 to drbd82 for now?

Thanks very much for your reply.

--Amos