[CentOS] Bootable RHES CD

Al Sparks

data345 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 22 02:38:15 UTC 2008

I am using Sonic Digital Media Plus v7, on Windows, and I'm trying to
make a bootable RHEL IA 64 bit CD (mostly so I can include a kickstart
file).

So what I did is I grabbed the disk one ISO file, copied the contents
on my hard drive in a folder.

Then I clicked on the Data -> Data Disk.  I then clicked on the "Add
Data" button and when the "Select files and folders to add" box popped
up, I selected all the files and folders and clicked on "Add".

The window showed all the files.  I then pressed "Make bootable" and
selected the file, boot.img in the Images folder.

I then burned all this onto a CD-R.

I still can't boot off of this CD.  Any hints?

I've done this with CentOS, a long time ago, but maybe I'm
missing something.
  === Al