[CentOS] ClamAV and aliases.db

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 23 12:57:39 UTC 2008

On Sunday 23 March 2008 12:36, Sam Drinkard wrote:
> Ann,
>
>     Actually I had to add read / execute permissions to the aliases.db
> to stop the error messages.  I'd just like to know what clamav is doing
> to it or why it needs to read it.
>
>     I installed the clamav with yum but for some reason it does not know
> it's in there.  How to fix?

Have you (as root) run 'updatedb'?

What's the (top half) output of 'rpm -qi clamav'?

Also, list your permissions on aliases.db -

ls -l /etc/aliases.db
-rw-r----- 1 root smmsp 12288 Mar 20 11:54 /etc/aliases.db

And PLEASE, change the subject line to something more descriptive of your
problem.  You may need to be more specific than my attempt.

Anne