[CentOS] CentOS 5.1 Live USB NTFS Support

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Tue Mar 25 09:14:02 UTC 2008

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008, Mark Rose wrote:

> First of all, I was able to use the 5.1 LiveCD to create a bootable USB (8G
> Lexar FireFly) - thanks to all for your assistance.  Question - has anyone
> been able to add NTFS support to an USB install?  It would be a nice to have
> the ability to access NTFS (and Vista for that matter) disks for
> troubleshooting and general access.  Any and all comments will be
> appreciated.  Thanks!

Don't forget that the default CentOS kernel can't read NTFS partitions.
If you want to create a custom LiveCD/USB, you need to include either the
centosplus repo (and the centosplus kernel that has NTFS read
functionnality) or RPMforge ...
Read http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/NTFSPartitions for further
informations

--
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>
"Internet network currently down, TCP/IP packets delivered now by UPS/Fedex ..."