[CentOS] Tape Drive and Bacula issue

Joseph L. Casale

jcasale at ActiveNetwerx.com
Tue Mar 25 18:47:14 UTC 2008

I posted this in the Bacula list without success so I hope I might have some luck here. Btape and mt can access my DDS-3 Seagate Archive Python 06480-xxx tape drive but Bacula tray-mon ends up finally stating that it cannot open device /dev/nst0? That is the device string that I use to access the drive, oddly enough it also suggest the SD could not open the one file based storage location I have either, yet I can Label new media and I see it appears in the directory? I installed from RPM's.

Anyone got any ideas or pointers they could suggest?
Thanks!
jlc