[CentOS] Two Internet connections...

Timothy Selivanow timothy.selivanow at virtualxistenz.com
Wed Mar 26 20:18:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 13:08 -0700, Timothy Selivanow wrote:
> Also, an entire transaction will go over only one of the lines,
> meaning you will only get the throughput of one line at a time.

I forgot to mention that independent applications (therefor many
independent connections) won't use just one connection, i.e. both
connections will be used from the holistic view of a workstation, but a
single transaction (think doing a wget for a single file) will always be
tied to a single line because of the way that TCP/IP works.
Applications that make many connections (think BitTorrent) would
theoretically use both.

--Tim
< Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one. >
  \
   \   \
        \ /\
        ( )