[CentOS] Re: new CentOS5.1, samba help requested

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 26 21:16:37 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 26 March 2008 20:13:52 Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Anne Wilson
>
> <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >  > On your Windows box, set up a user and password that match *exactly*
> >  > what was entered for *samba* user/password.  I can browse and connect
> >  > to samba servers with security = user .
> >
> >  Akemi, they have always been the same.
> >
> >  As I said, in earlier version I could make it work.  Lately I can't.
>
> Anne,
>
> Do you know which version of samba that worked (or as of which version
> it stopped working) ?

In truth, no.  I had problems when we changed from samba 2 tosamba 3, but
eventually got everything working OK, but that's a good while ago.  I must
have done many updates during that time, I would think.  I really don't
remember when it stopped.  To complicate matters, several workstations serve
samba shares, so I'll have installed various versions at various times.
Sorry.

Anne