[CentOS] Widescreen monitor with Intel G965 graphics chipset

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Mar 26 22:42:48 UTC 2008

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 16:26:22 -0600
"Joseph L. Casale" <jcasale at ActiveNetwerx.com> wrote:

> As far as I can tell by searching the net, this would be all I need?

I don't see anything obviously missing there.  Perhaps "60.0 - 60.0" would
work better for VertRefresh, though.  Or it might not make any difference.

One thing to note, in your web page you point to a conf file in /etc/sysconfig?
How does 915resoltuion know to use that?

That's how program in the "official rpm" installs itself.  The configuration
file is /etc/sysconfig/915resolution.  I assume that directory and filename are
built into the program.

>  It also doesnt register itself as a service such that chkconfig can use it?

Again, the rpm does do that.  I never installed 915resolution from anything
other than the rpm, myself.

Perhaps your best bet would be to download the 915resolution srpm and tear it
apart, copy the newer files in and do any editing that's required, and rebuild
it to be the newer version, then install that. (I don't know how much work that
would be as I haven't looked at that srpm.)

 > I just created a bash script with/usr/sbin/915resolution 30 1680 1050 24"
 > in it and linked it in rc5.d/.

There is a greater-than-zero chance that you're doing something wrong.  The
more I think about it the more I think you would be best off to try building
a 915resolution rpm and go from there.  I know that the "rpm method" works,
provided that you have a rpm to work with, of course.