[CentOS] Re: new CentOS5.1, samba help requested

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 27 14:47:55 UTC 2008

On Thursday 27 March 2008 12:28, Anne Wilson wrote:

> As I said, mine is a simple LAN.

I managed to get some time to come out to the server this afternoon.  I have
changed nothing other than adding back the line

security = user

On the client box in this same room I can see the shares, including my home
directory.  I'm flabbergasted!  It most certainly did not work when I first
set it up, and other than securing the domain master status I don't remember
changing anything else!

Thanks to all for the sane discussion.  I won't forget to check XP's settings
next time I get a chance to.

Anne