[CentOS] Strange behavior from grep

Mário Gamito gamito at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 13:37:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

After a little more research, I found out that the line containing the
word 'gamito' is huge and yet it scrolls so fast in the screen that I
can barely see it.

I tried redirecting the output of the grep to a file and that huge
line went in to it.

So, I've tried a double grep:

$ grep 'gamito' file | grep 'gamito'

but without success.

Well, my question now is, how do I get the word 'gamito' alone from the file ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Warm Regards,
Mário Gamito