[CentOS] Xen3.2 rpm's?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Fri Mar 28 14:37:09 UTC 2008

Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
> Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Does anyone know when the Xen3.2 rpm's will be part of the
>> CentOS repo's?
>>

> CentOS 6 probably.
>
> Upstream really can't change the Xen hypervisor too much within
> a release as that goes against the distribution's philosophy.
>
> If you really want Xen 3.2, why not download the CentOS 5 rpms
> from xen.org and use it. It works transparently with the CentOS
> kernel package and updates the CentOS Xen packages.
>
> Just remember to change the Xen kernel name in grub each time
> the CentOS kernel changes! I still forget to do this and it
> bites me all the time :-(
>

> -Ross

Cause I want to use it on a kickstart file, but someone on the kickstart
list just showed me how to install those rpm's from the kickstart file,
so I'll try that and see what hapens.

Do I still use the xen-2.6.18-53 kernel?
kernel-xen-2.6.18-53.1.6.el5.x86_64.rpm
<http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/updates/x86_64/RPMS/kernel-xen-2.6.18-53.1.6.el5.x86_64.rpm>

What do you mean I need to rename it in the grub menu? What happens if I
don't?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers