[CentOS] questions on kickstart

Milton Calnek milton at calnek.com
Fri Mar 28 19:01:00 UTC 2008

Jerry Geis wrote:
> I have 2 questions dealing with 2 different kickstart files.
>
> 1) my kickstart sections for RAID disk setup and kickstart reports it
> cannot find sda. Why is that. sda is there and works.
>
> clearpart --all --initlabel
> part raid.01 --asprimary --bytes-per-inode=4096 --fstype="raid"
> --onpart=sda1 --size=20000

I've had issues with onpart in the past. I had to use ondisk and
trust the anaconda to put the partitions in a good place.

> 2) my kickstart section for normally single disk setup. However with 2
> disks present in box
> it put / on sda and /home on sdb. Is there a way to put it ALL on sda???
> If there is a second disk I want it left alone.
>
> clearpart --all --initlabel
> part / --fstype ext3 --size=20000 --asprimary
> part swap --size=4000 --asprimary
> part /home --fstype ext3 --size=100 --grow --asprimary

Use --ondisk to specify which disk.
Also, if there is a 2nd disk, it will lose it's partition table because
of your clearpart.  You may want ot explore an ignoredisk command.

--
Milton Calnek BSc, A/Slt(Ret.)
milton at calnek.com
306-717-8737