[CentOS] Why does 'test -f' and 'test -e' return true on a (hidden) file that doesn't exist?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Mon Mar 31 22:14:49 UTC 2008

Tim Alberts wrote:
> Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>> Tim Alberts wrote:

>>> Copied from HTML into email program.  then sent as plain text.
>>> complain to thunderbird.

>> Don't use HTML, complain to user :)
>>
> Wow folks.  Is this really worth complaining about?  Why waste time
> writing email clients that use HTML if people are gonna whine about it?
>
> AGAIN.. I copied from HTML output into mozilla thunderbird...I sent
> the email as PLAIN TEXT...if you don't like how mozilla thunderbird
> deals with it...complain to them... but fundamentally go somewhere
> else with this petty complaint.

Relax man, didn't you see the smiley face ? It wasn't meant as an
insult. But, to reply to your HTML query, it's simply with 50 emails
coming in, and 10 replies per email, plain text isn't as heavy on
everyone's bandwidth as HTML. But again, I'm not taking you on about this

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com