[CentOS] Backup Question

Sun Mar 16 20:15:56 UTC 2008
Joseph L. Casale <jcasale at ActiveNetwerx.com>

We are migrating an LTO2 library off Veritas and NTBackup on a Windows Server to a Linux Server with either Bacula or Amanda. Originally, the Windows server used scripts to sync changes from various other Windows servers using Robocopy to a locally attached set of volumes, then ran the backup nightly (Full's were always done).

I now had hoped to rsync the Samba shares to a local replica on the Linux Server and then start the backup every night after it finishes. Would this be the most efficient way to do this, or are there better tools for this? I need an additional replica of the data, so using the Windows Bacula client doesn't help, and I must be able to only replicate the changes or I'll miss my backup window based on the volume of data.

Thanks for any suggestions,
jlc