[CentOS] DRBD question.

Mon Mar 17 20:40:48 UTC 2008
Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>

I'm going to have to be a little vague on this one, but hope I provide
enough to make the question clear. I'm not doing the work on this
server, a co-worker is, but I said I would ask for him.

He is trying to get DRBD installed. He's using Centos 5.1 and the yum
repos, but is getting problems with things like the kernel, drbd.so, and
the likes. All install fine, but I'm not sure he is getting the proper
kernel with the drbd stuff. Almost sounds like he needs a dev rpm from
somewhere because drbd.so isn't on the machine after installing the
RPMs. (Can't do the insmod drbd.so).

Does anyone have a quick and easy(?) step by step to get it installed?
He'll figure out the config if he can get it installed properly. Right
now, he's running from source OK, but you all know the arguements for
source versus rpm.

Thanks for any help. I'll try and get caught up on what he's doing to
better answer any questions presented.

Steve Campbell