[CentOS] Re: Fedora user moving to CentOS

Fri Mar 21 18:41:10 UTC 2008
Beartooth Sciurivore <beartooth at swva.net>

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:38:59 -0800, Tim Alberts wrote:

> Greetings, I'm a Fedora user likely going to switch to CentOS in the
> next few days.  I'm wondering if anyone has some heads up advice for me?
>  I am very familiar with FC6 and before so I anticipate few problems I
> haven't already seen (and know were fixed).

	I have a testbed machine triple-booting from time to time to F8,
C5, and Ubuntu 7.10; after having run RH & clones since 7.1, I still
prefer them; but I want something easier to keep up with for my wife to
use after she outlives me, as I'm sure she will.

	One thing I find that you may not is that there are several apps
not in the other distros -- mostly betas, to be sure; but I miss them
when I don't have them. (She won't.)

	I do recommend, for that reason, that you start by dual-booting,
preferably often, while you get used to the differences. Otherwise,
though, yes, CentOS should suit you fine.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
C5; D4; F8; P3; U7.10; Alpine 1.0, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3