[CentOS] error creating Centos 5.1 x32 dum_Uinstance on CentOS5.1x64

Sat Mar 1 07:24:21 UTC 2008
Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at SoftDux.com>

> That shouldn't be, the list acts like any other CentOS list, maybe
> you entered your email address incorrectly, got spam filtered, or
> is just temporarily broken, but it should send you an email upon
> subscribing to confirm your subscription.

Really? Maybe I subscribed to the wrong list then, but this is the reply
I got:

Your mail to 'CentOS-virt' with the subject

    subscribe centos-virt

The reason it is being held:

    Message may contain administrivia

> Did you verify that selinux is indeed disabled by looking in
> /etc/selinux/config that the line SELINUX=disabled is in there?

Yep:

# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#       enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#       permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#       disabled - SELinux is fully disabled.
SELINUX=disabled
# SELINUXTYPE= type of policy in use. Possible values are:
#       targeted - Only targeted network daemons are protected.
#       strict - Full SELinux protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

> What was the actual contents of your domU's config file?

This is what I changed:

# Dom0 will balloon out when needed to free memory for domU.
# dom0-min-mem is the lowest memory level (in MB) dom0 will get down to.
# If dom0-min-mem=0, dom0 will never balloon out.
(dom0-min-mem 512)

It was:
(dom0-min-mem 256)

> Also is this a workstation with Xen domU's for testing/development
> or a full blown Xen server for running production VMs?
>
> -Ross

This will be a full blown Xen server for production purposes. It will
run max 8 Xen guests with cPanel on each one.

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com