[CentOS] Rejecting spam

Tue Mar 4 20:00:15 UTC 2008
Glenn <centos at 1bigadmin.biz>

At 02:35 PM 3/4/2008, you wrote:

>Sorry, not a direct CentOS question, but I know there's a lot of
>experienced users on this list...I'm using CentOS with sendmail and
>spamassassin. I've got it configured with spamass-milter and it is
>working correctly.  However, I was expecting to be able to reject
>mail that is marked as spam, not just deliver it as usual.  Anyone
>know if it can be done and how?  I know a milter can reject mail,
>because I've used milter-grelist in the past to give temporary fail messages.
>
>Following is my sendmail.m4 directive for spamass-milter:
>
>INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin',
>`S=unix:/var/run/spamass-milter/spamass-milter.sock, F=,
>T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')dnl
>define(`confMILTER_MACROS_CONNECT',`t, b, j, _, {daemon_name},
>{if_name}, {if_addr}')dnl
>define(`confMILTER_MACROS_HELO',`s, {tls_version}, {cipher},
>{cipher_bits}, {cert_subject}, {cert_issuer}')dnl

Not sure, but I think you could use procmail to filter to a junk
folder based upon parsing the SpamAssassin score. Also, you can block
based on RBL in sendmail , or score in spamassassin.

I use MailScanner with SpamAssassin and swear by it!

http://mailscanner.info/

Happy (mostly), very vital list group. The author is very actively
answering questions and requests. Can't get much better support!

Cheers!