[CentOS] Slightly OT: How to learn UNIX

Fri Mar 7 15:20:51 UTC 2008
Christopher Chan <christopher at ias.com.hk>

Andreas Pedersen wrote:
> I'm also interested into learning more about other system as well, my
> question is what should I take a closer look in Solaris?
> Things like why people choose Solaris over Linux.

Solaris admins also have a different mentality and approach to things. I
am afraid reasons why people choose Solaris over Linux can be quite
involved. There is quite a gulf between the mentality of Solaris admins
and Linux admins and there are few that have been both to a sufficient
degree to see beyond the status quo (I think :D).

I say choose the right tool for the job but that is dependent on the one
who will wield the tool.