[CentOS] Recommendations for a "real RAID" 1 card on Centos box

Mon Mar 10 16:41:27 UTC 2008

nate wrote
>> the whole point of a BBU is that you can turn on write back caching -
>> and get a fair win in write performance on regular tasks.
>
> You can turn on write back caching if you have a UPS as well
> (provided your UPS is wired into your system for a graceful shutdown)

UPS isnt going to help in cases where something breaks on the inner side
( psu fail, mobo fail, ram blows up etc ).

But, I am with Ross on this one - if its just a desktop machine, it
might be well worth doing a bit of RTFM, and setting up a md-raid/lvm
volume and be done with it.