[CentOS] Re: SSH, SCP connections to remote MySQL Database using OpenOffice Possible?

Wed Mar 12 12:58:45 UTC 2008
Therese Trudeau <mswotr at hotmail.com>

>It *is* possible to do this with the OOo Calc in centos, but it takes a bit of muscle to get working...
>You'll also need jta, which unfortunately is non-free, and only available as an srpm from jpackage
>( in the 1.6 non-free tree. I haven't seen it appear yet in 1.7).

You talking about two pieces of the Java Transaction API (JTA) at:
http://java.sun.com/products/jta/index.html and http://jpackage.org/
Where is the 1.6 non free tree @ jpackage? I Could not find it.  Is there any
documentation for JTA install on jpackage.org site?

>...then installing the sun-compat-java package from jpackage.org)

Where on http://jpackage.org/ is info/download for sun-compat-java?
Could not find it on either the 1.6 or 1.7 tree.

>This next bit assumes some minimal familiarity with building rpms.
>You'll have to change the cvs_version string from 1_0_1_B to 1_1
>in the jta spec file, and download the jta class package from
>http://java.sun.com/products/jta/  I didn't bother to fix the documentation
>related portion of the spec, but rather cheated and built the rpm with '--without javadoc'

If you or someone could expand on this a bit, maybe procedural cli steps
then I think I could take it from there.

I started this same thread over on a major OpenOffice Mail list & did not get
any new info on this SSH database connect issue.  Guess I'm pretty
much out of luck unless I can solve this via info from this forum.