[CentOS] Graphical frontend for gphoto2? (Handling photo cameras in XFCE)

Wed Mar 12 16:22:05 UTC 2008
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:31 AM, Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net> wrote:

>  Under Slackware, I've been using GTKam, a simple GTK frontend to
>  gphoto2, which did the job just fine. But I'm surprised to find it
>  nowhere, not in RPMForge, not in FreshRPMs. All I can find on the web is
>  a few stale .spec files on some obscure SVN repos. Well, I can always
>  try to grab one of these, and see if I can manage to build an RPM from
>  the "latest" version: 0.1.14, dating from december 2006. Which makes me
>  wonder whether this piece of software is perfect or abandoned...
>
>  Before launching into building GTKam on my own, I'd like to ask: what
>  graphical frontends for digital cameras can you use *besides* GThumb and
>  Digikam (that is: if you're using neither GNOME nor KDE)? Is there some
>  obscure GIMP plugin that I might have overseen?

I am interested in this, too.  I wrote a small wish script that uses
gphoto2/gtkam to provide a simple gui frontend that operates a camera.
 I could not find anything that could do this when I searched.

Akemi