[CentOS] MySQL 4.1 on Centos 5 ?

Thu Mar 13 11:58:42 UTC 2008
Sergej Kandyla <sk.paix at gmail.com>

Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> Sergej Kandyla wrote:
> ..
>
>> I’m moving some critical application (online booking) based on java,
>> tomcat5, mysql4.1 from old server fedora 4 to new server running Centos
>> 5. So, I don’t want update mysql to new version this time.
>>

> Why not go for Centos 4?

I don’t want use outdated software and operation system, also I try not
use testing distribs\soft in production.
Centos (5), Debian stable (Etch), FreeBSD stable (6.3, 7.0) – it’s my
choose.

Currently mysql4 is temporary solution. I must complete the migration of
server at first. Second, developers of the application not sure, that
all will work correctly under mysql5.