[CentOS] CentOS 5.1 install via PXE Failure

Fri Mar 14 05:32:14 UTC 2008
James Gray <james.gray at dot.com.au>

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 02:24:39 am Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 at 5:11pm, James Gray wrote
>
> > The installer starts, loads the kickstart script (attached), successfully
> > verifies the installation media, checks the dependencies for the packages
> > to be installed, formats the hard drive(s), then attempts to download the
> > package:
> > sysklogd-1.4.1-39.2.x86_64.rpm
>
> Somehow, your install is looking for CentOS 5.0 files rather than 5.1.
> Make sure that your repodata files match up with what is actually in your
> repo.  Make sure there aren't any crossed symlinks somewhere.

Indeed - you are correct :)  Seems someone had "played" with our rsync script
and it was missing those repodata files! Grrrr.  Thanks for the heads-up!

Cheers,

James
--
Q:	What lies on the bottom of the ocean and twitches?