[CentOS] Re: Recommendations for a �ard on Centos box

Fri Mar 14 16:10:29 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 3-14-2008 5:37 AM Therese Trudeau spake the following:
>> Adaptec makes both true HW raid and re-sells fakeraid cards. I guess they
>> wanted a piece of both pies. But 3ware only makes HW raid cards AFAIK.
>
> How well do you think the adaptecSATA raid cards stack up against the Areca
> and 3ware RAID cards?  I'm going to buy two raid cards over the weekend.

I had 2 adaptec 28220SA's (actually still have them) and they were the biggest
pieces of cr at p I had. They regularly trashed drives, and hard locked
regularly. After replacing the cards with 3ware 9550's, no problems.
Maybe it was a problem between the sata drives and the card, but who has time
to fight that. Hopefully they are better now. I might try them again in a
Windows box, but their linux support wasn't very good.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and