[CentOS] Overland Arcvault 12 and sequential/random settings

Sat Mar 15 00:31:25 UTC 2008
Scott R. Ehrlich <scott at MIT.EDU>

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Max Hodgson wrote:

> I use Dell 124T tape loaders with Centos. The controlling device on mine is
> separate to the data device.

Turned out to be at least the need for a new scsi card, which I obtained.
I also used a new machine.  But your experience below did lead me to
review dmesg more carefully, which led to the proper device that happened
to not be /dev/st0.  mtx did respond positively.  It is possible the first
"problem" machine could work with the new card, but I have other things to
battle :-)

Thanks again.

Scott