[CentOS] Firefox 3

Sun Mar 16 10:55:26 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 11:11 +0100, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Niki Kovacs a écrit :
> >>
> > I gave it a go anyway, and the result is very convincing.
>
> I forgot: if anyone wants to try out Firefox 3.0beta without the hassle
> of building/adapting it for CentOS, feel free to use the RPM from my
> repo. To add it, create and edit /etc/yum.repos.d/kikinovak.repo:
>
> --8<------------------------------------------------------------
> [kikinovak]
> enabled=1
> priority=set_your_priority_here
> name=CentOS-$releasever - kikinovak
> baseurl=http://kikinovak.free.fr/centos/$releasever/kikinovak/$basearch
> gpgcheck=0
> --8<------------------------------------------------------------
>
> And I'm sorry, I only have i386 available, since there's no x86_64
> architecture around.

I tried to get and test this for you, and me. Can't access the repo.

# uname -a
Linux centos501.homegroannetworking 2.6.18-53.1.14.el5 #1 SMP Wed Mar 5
11:36:49 EST 2008 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/kikinovak
[kikinovak]
enabled=0
priority=99
name=CentOS-$releasever - kikinovak
baseurl=http://kikinovak.free.fr/centos/$releasever/kikinovak/$basearch
#baseurl=http://kikinovak.free.fr/centos/5/kikinovak/i386/
gpgcheck=0
protect=0

Tried adding slash to the end of your original baseurl and added and
tried the commented hardcoded URL. NG.

# yum --enablerepo=kikinovak list

Error getting repository data for kikinovak, repository not found

Any thoughts?

--
Bill