[CentOS] Bind Problem

Mon Mar 17 02:48:54 UTC 2008
Shawn Everett <shawn at tandac.com>

> Ok, copied your file exactly as is with obvious name/ip changes and set
> perms correctly. It didn't makle any difference? I enabled logging and
> set it to debug and it shows nothing. I was doings this remotely from a
> windows box and using nslookup on the windows box, funny thing is using
> nslookup and set q=mx works on the local CentOS Bind server but from the
> windows client it doesn't?

So from the CentOS box you can type something like:
host -t mx domain.com

and that works?

How about this from the Windows box:
c:\>nslookup
> server YourCentOSName or IP
> set type=mx
> yourdomain.com

That should work

If that also works, then check the DNS server your windows box is using.
It may have cached the DNS entry for domain.com (assuming the DNS server
is NOT the CentOS box)

You could also try an ipconfig /flushdns

Shawn