[CentOS] DRBD question.

Tue Mar 18 11:30:54 UTC 2008
Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>

Gary, thanks for the reply and info.

Gary Richardson wrote:
> I think the last time I did it, I got the tarball. I either did an
> rpmbuild -ta on it, or there was an rpm target in the makefile.

I didn't think of the rpmbuild was. I'll suggest that to him. I do
rkhunter that way now and it works like a charm. Not sure what you mean
by an rpm target in the makefile, though.

> Regardless, I ended up with two RPM's -- a kernel module and the
> tools. On any systems that had different kernels, I had to recompile
> to get the kernel module.
Can you elaborate a little on the last sentence above, please? Again,
not sure if you are saying to do something after the rpmbuild or that
you just used the resultant rpms.

> On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com
> <mailto:campbell at cnpapers.com>> wrote:
>
>     I'm going to have to be a little vague on this one, but hope I provide
>     enough to make the question clear. I'm not doing the work on this
>     server, a co-worker is, but I said I would ask for him.
>
>     He is trying to get DRBD installed. He's using Centos 5.1 and the yum
>     repos, but is getting problems with things like the kernel,
>     drbd.so, and
>     the likes. All install fine, but I'm not sure he is getting the proper
>     kernel with the drbd stuff. Almost sounds like he needs a dev rpm from
>     somewhere because drbd.so isn't on the machine after installing the
>     RPMs. (Can't do the insmod drbd.so).
>
>     Does anyone have a quick and easy(?) step by step to get it installed?
>     He'll figure out the config if he can get it installed properly. Right
>     now, he's running from source OK, but you all know the arguements for
>     source versus rpm.
>
>     Thanks for any help. I'll try and get caught up on what he's doing to
>     better answer any questions presented.
>
>     Steve Campbell

Steve