[CentOS] DRBD question.

Tue Mar 18 11:34:48 UTC 2008
Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>

Fabian, thanks.

Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 16:40 -0400, Steve Campbell wrote:
>
>> I'm going to have to be a little vague on this one, but hope I provide
>> enough to make the question clear. I'm not doing the work on this
>> server, a co-worker is, but I said I would ask for him.
>>
>> He is trying to get DRBD installed. He's using Centos 5.1 and the yum
>> repos, but is getting problems with things like the kernel, drbd.so, and
>> the likes. All install fine, but I'm not sure he is getting the proper
>> kernel with the drbd stuff. Almost sounds like he needs a dev rpm from
>> somewhere because drbd.so isn't on the machine after installing the
>> RPMs. (Can't do the insmod drbd.so).
>>
>> Does anyone have a quick and easy(?) step by step to get it installed?
>>
> Have you read the wiki : http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Ha-Drbd  ?

Didn't realize there was an entry. I don't use the wiki that much since
the Centos systems we run here just seem to work. Not much problem. I'll
read it and pass on the link to the installer too. It  doesn't address
the original problem of getting it installed, though, from a quick
glance. Looks like configuration is pretty well covered.

>> He'll figure out the config if he can get it installed properly. Right
>> now, he's running from source OK, but you all know the arguements for
>> source versus rpm.
>>
> Everything is included in the Extras repositories .. no need to compile
> from source

I'm assuming he used the Extras repos since he had Centos rpms. Again,
I'll get caught up with what he's done, and confirm.
>> Thanks for any help. I'll try and get caught up on what he's doing to
>> better answer any questions presented.

Thanks,

Steve