[CentOS] Re: Intel SATA controller (cmiiw) not recognized by Centos5.1 installation?

Wed Mar 19 14:53:40 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 3-18-2008 10:51 PM Yu-Hui Jin spake the following:

>     Here ya go....
>     5 minutes....
>
>     http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=sw_linux&message.id=12701&query.id=104245#M12701
>     <http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=sw_linux&message.id=12701&query.id=104245#M12701>
>

> Thanks!   I tried network installation (using HTTP though), but the
> harddisk can't be recognized during the partitioning step.  It seems to
> me this NFS network described in this article would have the same problem.
>
> am I wrong in thinking this way? (i don't have a second linux to do the
> NFS install so I'm suspicious about whether i should really give this a
> try.)
>
> It seems installing AHCI is the only way to go to me....

Look at the link again. You don't install AHCI, it is an option in your bios
to change the sata emulation mode. Again, you don't install AHCI.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and