[CentOS] Re: Intel SATA controller (cmiiw) not recognized by Centos 5.1 installation?

Thu Mar 20 06:44:42 UTC 2008
Yu-Hui Jin <yuhui.jin at gmail.com>

Hi, guys,

I finally found I only need to choose the "RAID" option for SATA mode (the
other one is "IDE").  I didn't know by choosing it, Centos is able to load
the ahci driver.  That solves the problem.  It took ton of time for me to
figuring out the solution is such easy.  I should've tried this earlier.

Thank you all for helping on this.  Centos seems to have a great community.

regards,

-Hui