[CentOS] Samba Fstab and Automount

Fri Mar 21 15:02:58 UTC 2008
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 7:52 AM, John <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 09:30 -0500, Barry Brimer wrote:

>  > > Anyone see anything wrong with the configuration? I also read the How To
>  > > on the Wiki and no luck on doing the auto.smb.top and auto.smb.sub
>  > > configuration? Any ideas what maybe going on? Thanks in advance for any
>  > > help on this.

Is the wiki howto you are referring to is this?

http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/WindowsShares

>  Mar 21 10:01:33 ethan automount[30874]: open_mount: (mount):cannot open
>  mount module cifs (/usr/lib/autofs/mount_cifs.so: cannot open shared
>  object file: No such file or directory)
>
>  Bu the way, there is no "module_cifs.so" in /usr/lib/autofs and package
>  autofs does not have it any more?? Why is it looking for it? I suspect
>  that's  why AutoMount want mount the file system from the server??

Did you really read the above wiki and follow the instructions
precisely as they are written?  For example, the error you mentioned
here is touched upon in the wiki:

"[Note: Upon automounting, you may see an error mount_cifs.so: cannot
open shared object file in /var/log/messages. This is harmless and can
be safely ignored.]"

Akemi