[CentOS] Bootable RHES CD

Sat Mar 22 05:35:04 UTC 2008
John <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 19:38 -0700, Al Sparks wrote:
> I am using Sonic Digital Media Plus v7, on Windows, and I'm trying to
> make a bootable RHEL IA 64 bit CD (mostly so I can include a kickstart
> file).
>
> So what I did is I grabbed the disk one ISO file, copied the contents
> on my hard drive in a folder.
>
> Then I clicked on the Data -> Data Disk.  I then clicked on the "Add
> Data" button and when the "Select files and folders to add" box popped
> up, I selected all the files and folders and clicked on "Add".
>
> The window showed all the files.  I then pressed "Make bootable" and
> selected the file, boot.img in the Images folder.
>
> I then burned all this onto a CD-R.
>
> I still can't boot off of this CD.  Any hints?
>
> I've done this with CentOS, a long time ago, but maybe I'm
> missing something.
>   === Al
Remember, it is an image file so you have to burn it using special
settings. You cannot just add the file in the file list and then burn
it. That will just copy the .iso file on the CD. In SONIC DigitalMedia
Plus v7 choose "Burn Image" under "Copy" and then browse to the
downloaded .iso file and select it. Click on the big red button at the
bottom right to burn the image file on the CD. Now it should have a
bootable CD.