[CentOS] couple of problems

Sat Mar 22 13:37:52 UTC 2008
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

On Saturday 22 March 2008 13:15:38 Sam Drinkard wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I finally got spamass-milter and clamav-milter running, but have one
> error I've not been able to determine what is happening.  From the log
> entry I see this line:
>
>  SYSERR(sa-milt): hash map "Alias0": unsafe map file /etc/aliases.db:
> Permission denied: 39 Time(s)

That sounds like wrong permissions - I'd guess they are too slack.  Try making
sure that they are owned root:root with perms at 640, or maybe 600.

> any pointers here?
>
> The 2nd item is with yum.  I attempted to update, and wound up getting a
> fail on a dependency, yet the packages (clamav-db & clamd) are in fact
> installed.  How do I use yum to tell it they are in the system?

Where did you got those clam packages?  Did you not install them via yum?  The
other possibility is that you have used a third-party repo, so the version
isn't what yum update is looking for.

Anne