[CentOS] Re: Sendmail novrfy filter by ip address?

Tue Mar 25 16:47:34 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 3-25-2008 7:18 AM Sean Carolan spake the following:
> I have a virus and spam filter device that can do VRFY commands to
> reject invalid email before it gets to the next mail hop.  How can I
> configure the SMTP server to only allow VRFY commands from one
> particular IP address, and nowhere else?  I don't want spammers to be
> able to hammer on the gateway looking for valid addresses to send to.
Block the outside world from reaching anything but the filter by firewall or
other means. Otherwise the spammers will find it and go around your filter.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and