[CentOS] Re: new CentOS5.1, samba help requested

Wed Mar 26 18:23:59 UTC 2008
Ray Leventhal <centos at swhi.net>

<snip>

> With user level security you can't connect to different shares as
> different users, so if you remove the 'public' from the home section
> (as you probably should) and let people connect as themselves, they
> will have to also connect as themselves to the public shares.

And now that I"ve done that, I can't seem to use the samba shares at
all.  Trying to browse to \\172.16.0.106 (the samba server), after
having logged in to my local workstation, I get the dreaded Windows
login box into which I type my un/pw.  It pops back with
<MACHINENAME>/ray and a blank password for me to try and re-authenticate.

Any thoughts on this?

-Ray