[CentOS] Widescreen monitor with Intel G965 graphics chipset

Wed Mar 26 19:37:09 UTC 2008
Joseph L. Casale <jcasale at ActiveNetwerx.com>

I just migrated my working Fedora Core 8 desktop to CentOS 5.1 and went from my nice 1680x1050 resolution to 1280x1024. I have made all the possible xorg.conf changes I found on the net to no avail. I tried system-config-display –reconfig and it allows me to pick the resolution but reverts back to 1280x1024 in X?

Anyone know what might need to be done in CentOS for this to work? The skewed aspect ratio drives me nuts☺

Thanks!
jlc