[CentOS] 5.1 did not detect marvell e-net controller [SUCCESS]

Sat Mar 29 03:06:32 UTC 2008
Clyde E. Kunkel <oldfart2231 at cox.net>

Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> James Fidell wrote:
>> Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>>> <snip>

>>> Th ASUS driver won't compile for me...just says compile error, look
>>> in the log.  The log says compile error.
>>
>> It wouldn't compile for me first time, either, because it wasn't looking
>> in the right place for the kernel files.
>>
>> After installing kernel-devel and kernel-headers for the current kernel,
>> I did something like:
>>
>>   # ln -s kernels/`uname -r`-`uname -p` /usr/src/linux
>>
>> and that fixed it for me.
>>
>> I was using the latest drivers I could find, from here:
>>
>>   http://www.marvell.com/drivers/driverDisplay.do?dId=153&pId=38
>>
>> James
>>

> I got past the missing kernel header files.  It said it was on the
> compile step when it failed, so I believe I got the symlinks right. Will
> try again (and again).  Thanks for the response.

Finally...the updated driver from Marvell compiled and installed.  Able
to do yum update and do it all over again.

Thank you one and all for your suggestions.  Quite a learning experience.
--
Regards,

Old Fart