[CentOS] my centos switched alone its root fs to read-only

Mon Mar 31 22:12:03 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Alain Spineux wrote on Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:43:33 +0200:

> EXT3-fs error  (device md1): ext3_journal_start_sb: Detected aborted journal
> Remounting file read-only

CentOS 4?

Force a complete filesystem check on that drive. I had this once happen after
a kernel upgrade. Everything seemed okay after rebooting the machine but it
came back each night during the updatedb run. I finally forced a filesystem
repair that fixed it and I haven't heard ever since from it. I tried to get
more information about that problematic inode and it seems it was just
corrupted. The boot up never fixed that.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany