[CentOS] Slightly OT: How to learn UNIX

Thu Mar 6 13:59:31 UTC 2008
Christopher Chan <christopher at ias.com.hk>

> I recommend you installing OpenSolaris in a virtual or physical
> machine and build a labor environment.

Yes.

> Buy study guides for Solaris certified System, Network and Security
> Administrator (for Solaris 10 boxes). OpenSolaris is released under an
> OSI approved license and pretty innovative.

:-O

Solaris/OpenSolaris comes with GREAT documentation. The only problem is
reading through them. There is a lot of it!

I suggest taking things one step at a time. Don't try to go through the
documentation all at once. Just look it up when you need to do a step on
Solaris be it setup a interface or a nfs share and then repeatedly do
that. Say ten times on day one. Then 5 times two days later. Once more a
week later. Hopefully you get to do the same procedure once in a while
afterwards. If all else fails, just hit the documentation.

http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/documentation/

Links to System Admin/Storage/Security/younameit on the left. They are
all downloadable so that you do not have to read them on sun's website
and they are available in pdf should you fancy printing them out.

This are also the opensolaris mailing lists.