[CentOS] Watching Netflix movies on CentOS

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Sun May 4 08:22:11 UTC 2008

Rogelio wrote:
> Has anyone here been able to view Netflix movies on CentOS?  (It requires
> Internet Explorer, and I'm wondering what the workaround is for Firefox)

There is none. Their "movies you can instantly watch" can *only* be
watched with IE *and* Windows Media Player 11, which leads me to the
conclusion that they are under heavy DRM (Digital Restriction
Management) - which isn't available for anything else than Windows.

In other words: They don't want your money. If I were you, I'd respect
that. Make yourself heard over at Netflix, though.

Ralph