[CentOS] kingston usb memory stick and file mode permissions

James B. Byrne

byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Mon May 5 14:53:03 UTC 2008

I wish to change the ownership and access permissions of files and directories
contained on this device.  The device is immediately recognized and mounted
when plugged in and I can create and move files on it.  However, I cannot
change either the permissions or the owner of any file or directory on this
device, nor of the device mount itself, whether logged in as the owner or as
root.

Why is this so and is their any way to alter this behaviour.

Sincerely,

Canada  L8E 3C3