[CentOS] Postfix+MySQL - how to create DB

Liam Kirsher liamk at numenet.com
Tue May 6 23:07:24 UTC 2008

I used postfixadmin and it has been fine.  (CentOS 5)
I suggest redirecting (in the http server) all postfixadmin access to
https for security.
I found the db schema satisfactory for my needs.
The point with postfixadmin is the PHP interface to the database.
You /could/ just create whatever tables you needed and edit them with
phpMyAdmin,
but postfixadmin gives you a simple interface that users and domain
admins can use.

kalinix wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 22:31 -0400, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm toying around with Postfix and MySQL on a CentOS 4 server (no longer
>> using stock postfix and mysql rpms, obviously).  I've read several
>> "How-TOs", and it all looks fairly easy to do.
>>
>> The one thing that puzzles me is the table structure for the postfix
>> mysql database: where is everyone getting it?  Also, I've noticed that
>> some people create more tables than others.  But, this looks like it's
>> just based on which bits of postfix people want to put into the
>> database.
>>
>> I can just copy the SQL people have posted to create the tables I want.
>> I'd much rather know if there is an official source for this, though. So
>> far I haven't found it.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ranbir
>>

> Maybe postfixadmin (http://postfixadmin.sourceforge.net/) would help? at