[CentOS] "yum update" did not update kernel on one box

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Wed May 7 21:22:26 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 3:27 AM,  <lannyma at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Yes. I woke up about 430 this morning and I realized that rpm can
>  locate the file by itself.   :-)    However, I want to learn how to
>  use find that Mark (mhr) mentioned!

Lanny (offlist):

Thanks - I really did mean that in a good way.

The best way to learn to use find is to play with it.  I have aliases
and functions that use it for many, many purposes, especially for
finding things in source code files.

I strongly suggest that you take the time to wade through the man
page.  Find is a very powerful command, and even if the man page is
poorly laid out, there is a lot you can do with it.  For this purpose,
what you probably would need to do is this (asoot):

find / -name "kernel*.rpm"

It may take a while, but it will absolutely find every kernel-related
rpm on your system.

HTH.

mhr