[CentOS] can't get Tomcat5 to work on centos 5.1, how do I get it to work?

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Fri May 9 00:34:22 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 6:00 PM, Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at softdux.com> wrote:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Cannot create

It looks like it's running out of memory when starting more threads.
Did you check if you have enough memory in this server to run Tomcat?
I think you need at least 512MB for it, but I would recommend more.

I know there are some tunings made to the JVM for it to request more
memory. If you do "ps -ef | grep java" when Tomcat is started you will
see some parameters starting with -X that will specify memory sizes,
check how much it requests. I don't really know how to tweak those,
check the script that starts Tomcat to see if it allows changing them.

HTH,
Filipe