[CentOS] Windows key works some times I boot, doesn't work others

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Fri May 9 21:06:29 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 11:13 PM, Nick Fenwick <neek at tcp.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How can I investigate why my Windows key is not triggering the expected
> keybinding commands?

This may seem dumb, but are you sure it's not your keyboard?  I use a
Logitech EX110 wireless keyboard and mouse, and every once in a while
the number keypad goes silent, and then it comes back for no
particular reason.  Could your Mod key be misbehaving?

Also, there are three key bindings files in gnome (none of which I
recall by name at the moment) but you need to make sure they all are
set correctly (there's one for each section of the keystroke
preferences window - desktop, multimedia and windows).  I had some
problems similar to this when the right settings wound up in the wrong
file, but nothing as sporadic as what you're describing.

HTH.

mhr