[CentOS] Re: Today's log - yum entries

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Sun May 11 14:36:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Robert Nichols
<rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net> wrote:
>  I fixed that problem for yum by editing /etc/logrotate.d/yum and changing
>  "size 30k" to "size 10k".  For CentOS, a 10 kilobyte log file is enough
>  to hold several months of yum activity, but small enough that the file
>  will be rotated before a year passes.

As we wanted to make sure we solved the problem, and for all the logs,
we inserted a new cron that ran logrotate with the -f parameter on a
specific day of the year:

0 0 11 5 * /usr/sbin/logrotate -f /etc/logrotate.conf

I'm not sure we used midnight as the time, and the day was different
for every machine. Thinking about it now, maybe it should be done
twice a year.

0 0 11 5,11 * /usr/sbin/logrotate -f /etc/logrotate.conf

Anyway, you get the general idea.

Filipe