[CentOS] broken GFS

Tru Huynh tru at centos.org
Mon May 12 20:48:17 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 11:00:18PM +0300, Linux wrote:
> Well, I should add a terrible story for XFS...
>
> I did a "yum update" and after updating many packages I rebooted and viola...
You seem to enjoy living dangerously ? Don't you ever use a testing machine
before rolling the updates on a production server?
We appreciate your trust in our project, but you should always test on your
own setup.

> Old xfs module ruined my 1.2TB partition. After updating to correct module and
> hours of xfs_repair I had to move and rename 500 subfolders from lost+found.
That is the 1st time I hear such a story: if the xfs module is not installed
for your new kernel, the only thing that should happen is the inability to
mount the XFS filesystem.

> I am using CentOS because I have to (for cPanel).
That's trolling, CPanel is NOT CentOS...

Tru